Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ and Microsoft Launcher : The Perfect Wedding

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
With Samsung and Microsoft being closer than ever with the inclusion of Microsoft services ( Link with Windows, Office integration, One Drive embedded etc) I think it is legitimate to speak about installing Microsoft Launcher on the Note 10 and 10 plus.

I am a fan of Nova Launcher - But wanted to try Microsoft Launcher again out of a curiosity how it would be on that phone.

Well, I must say it was a pleasant surprise. Much better when I had the Pixel 3XL or the Note 9.

I have installed all the suggested software, even Edge Browser ( yes yes I know...). And linked everything to my Microsoft account and Linked phone with windows.

The Note 10 plus feels like the perfect windows phone now. Using all the assistants available ( Bixby for the phones functions, Google Assistant for everything web related and Cortana for all windows related stuff), I fell I have the most powerful phone on the market and a behemoth of productivity.

Customization of the Launcher is much more less than Nova but the embedded functionalities are worth it.

Try it for a week and let me know what you think about it. You will not be disappointed.

Galaxy S10

Jun 22, 2019
It is an awesome launcher if you are a Microsoft fan.

It is not perfect but for someone who use his phone as a productity device, this is one of the best launcher for that. It is clean, speedy, and not power hungry at all. Very well polished.

That launcher was trash at the very early stage but is now one of the best. And it is free with no purchase to unlock anything.

Galaxy S10

Jun 22, 2019
Also LOVE having the dock swipe up to reveal my favorite 15 apps (without folders). Between that and the edge panel, I don't need to go into my cluttered app drawer near as much.

Samsung Tablet

Jun 22, 2019
- Cortana
- integrated calendar and to-do list
- Battery and ressource friendly
- smoother overall experience
- the feed as you said ( Nova you need to sideload the google companion and you are responsible to get it up to date yourself and it can be annoying) experience is similar to Google feed with Windows news and is integrated.

You can customize the left pane to integrate fully Microsoft Office. You can see your documents, future appointments and if you use Microsoft team you can get important there as well.

At the end this is your choice and your preference.

Samsung Book

Jun 22, 2019
In addition to the other stuff mentioned, you can configure the launcher so that home pages are arranged vertically instead of horizontally. I find that to be useful on larger devices; just an upward gesture with my thumb. For me that is quite valuable due to some arthritis in my hands from an autoimmune disorder. Same goes for the confugurabel gestures.

Samsung Firmwares

Jun 16, 2019
Good morning Korayem83

Gestures are fully supported with Microsoft Launcher. In the settings of the app you have a dedicated section just for that and you can assign gestures for pretty much everything.

Samsung Firmwares

Jun 16, 2019
What is nice is the fact you can use edge to push a webpage on your pc. If you find a website you want to get on your pc no need to copy the address. You can send it to the computer and the browser will open on the PC.

Not sure if it exist on chrome -+( probably since it is extension friendly) but I still yet to see it or experience it

Samsung Book

Jun 22, 2019
So I assume you are not using windows 10 then hehe. Which is fair enough since other nice distros like Mac OS or Linux exist. It is all personal choice at the end.