What do you think about the "Galaxy J" Series?

Samsung Galaxy S3

Jun 22, 2019
Recently, a lot of phone services like Metro PCS and Cricket have been "giving away" phones like the Galaxy J7 and J3. It has been oversaturating the market.

Sure, it's great for people to have phones for the first time, but each new model that comes out is the same thing. For example, the Galaxy J7 Prime and the Prime 2. The Prime 2 is basically redesigned but the same processor, camera, and screen! And the phones break very easily.

I once had a J7 Pro, and I had it for almost 7 months until I dropped it 1 feet and the Super AMOLED screen made a burn in which grew bigger and bigger until my screen was no longer functional.

Also, when you buy one of these phones, you are locked into a 30 dollars a month contract for 90 dollar phones! It's insane! Honestly, I would avoid these phones.

TL;DR: Don't trust J series phones as they use horrible CPUs, bad design, medium displays on a price that is respectively not good. Think what you think, but just stick around for the M10, M20, and M30. Or crack 200 more bucks for a OnePlus 6. JMO though.

Edit: I would also like to add that support over these phones is almost non-existent! If you imported the phone, and it came with a flaw, who would you call? I tried calling Samsung US but they said they don't even know what country my phone came from so I was left in the dark. If it is from the US, they would just replace it whole because repair would cost too much for a phone thats worth too little. Just be wary.

Samsung Galaxy S6

Jun 22, 2019
Not anymore, their M and new A line have revamped their mid rangers and have great value.

250€ (with 20% VAT) 4GB/64GB, Wide angle+normal, Exynos 7885(2*A73+6*A53), FHD AMOLED type C- Samsung A40, 100€ more you get a better SoC (Exynos 9610, SD660+ basically) , double the storage, a 4000mAh cell - Samsung A50, if you want to pay a bit less, for 220€ you have the M20 (kinda same SoC but has Bluetooth 5, 5000mAh, type C as well)

Competition? 250€ P Smart 2019 which has a slightly better SoC, losing on the rest (only depth sensor on the back alongside the normal sensor, micro USB, LCD). From Xiaomi, you have the Xiaomi redmi note 7 for 240€

Samsung Tab S

Apr 23, 2019
Yes, my J7 Pro costed me a hefty 300 dollars. Generally, when they are first released they are priced highly. After a few months like 3-5 months they dramatically lower the price to release a new model that is essentially the same phone. Most of the non flagships are built in with Nougat. I love the A series though, Samsung has atleast done something right with that.